Dr.Localize, a professional multilingual service provider based in Hanoi, Vietnam, focusing on South East Asia languages, was awarded ISO 9001:2015 certification in providing translation and localization services. Deploying the Quality Management System (QMS) in compliance with ISO 9001:2015 standard company-wide, which was audited and certified by LL-C, a Czech-based company, reflects Dr.Localize’s high efforts and commitment to continuously satisfy our clients’ ever increasing expectation for high quality services.
Dr.Localize’s board of management and staff are committed to maintaining the QMS in the company’s operation to continuously improve our performance and provide consistent high quality service to our clients from our heart.
On June 8th 2016, Dr.Localize moved its office to a new larger space. Our new office is located at:
1st floor, CT1, Skylight Tower, 125D Minh Khai Street, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi, Vietnam.
We are quite excited about working in the new larger and more modern space. We are happy to announce this change.
Today is September 30th 2015 and it is the International Translation Day, the annual event for translation community. Here are some fun facts about the Day and the work of translators:
- International Translation Day is celebrated every year on 30 September on the feast of St. Jerome, the Bible translator, who is considered the patron saint of translators and interpreters throughout the world. For a long time, the days and weeks (and sometimes months) around 30 September have therefore been used by translators and interpreters (and their associations) to celebrate the occasion.
- The celebrations have been promoted by FIT (the International Federation of Translators) ever since it was set up in 1953. In 1991, FIT launched the idea of an officially recognized International Translation Day to show solidarity of the worldwide translation community in an effort to promote the translation profession in different countries (not necessarily only in Christian ones).
- International Translation Day now comes into the calendar of world events. This annual celebration is an opportunity to pay tribute to the work of translators who endeavor to make the world a slightly smaller place by breaking down language barriers and allowing great literature to be enjoyed far more widely. According to Gabriel Garcia Marquez, his book, One Hundred Years of Solitude was better in the English translation than in the original Spanish.
- Harry Porter has even been translated into dead languages. Some academics undertook the mammoth project of translating Harry Potter into Latin – Harrius Potter et Philosophi Lapis – and Ancient Greek – Ἅρειος Ποτὴρ καὶ ἡ τοῦ φιλοσόφου λίθος. The latter was the longest Ancient Greek text written since 3AD!
- The word ‘translate’ comes from the Latin for ‘to move from one place to another’. The most translated book is The Bible, with Pinocchio in second place. The languages most often translated into others are English, French, German, Russian and Italian.
- The work of translators is seen as being of growing importance due to growing opportunities for international travel and globalization of trade markets. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that the number of jobs for translators and interpreters will expand 42% from 2010 to 2020 – making it one of the fastest growing professions in the US.
We are so proud to be part of the localization industry and bring value to the community. We want to say HAPPY INTERNATIONAL TRANSLATION DAY to each and every professional in the industry, THANK YOU all for your amazing work!!!
Dr.Localize launched the new website 3.0 today. The site has been revamped to be responsive and mobile-friendly. The interface will automatically adjust to fit different screen sizes.
– More content sections have been added.
– More forms are designed and incorporated to enable visitors to register or request info faster and easily.
– Real time chat feature has been integrated so that visitors can start chat instantly with person in charge if they have any query.
– Social media and networking services have been integrated for better coverage.
– Blogging function has been added to provide more coverage of the company’s news and events.